The Aga Khan University (AKU) invites applications for the following position based in Dares Salaam, Tanzania:
We are in search of an Administrative Assistant who embodies qualities of creativity, innovation, skilfulness, competence, brightness, efficiency, helpfulness, and a pleasant demeanour. The incumbent will report to the Manager, General Administration.
- Provide logistic support for educational activities as assigned including facilitation of guest lecturers and outsourced faculty.
- Ensure the arrangement of classrooms and teaching spaces to create a conducive environment for academic activities.
- Actively provide support to all activities related to teaching and learning as directed.
- Collaborate with faculty and coordinators to support the successful execution of educational activities and events as needed.
- Coordinate special arrangements, such as providing materials or facilities, as needed for specific educational activities.
- Handle petty cash for daily operational expenses related to the institution and related retirements.
- Manage payments and reimbursements promptly, including those for faculty, guest lecturers, and support staff.
- Provide general administrative support to the procurement office, including the release of payments and processing utility bills.
- Manage transportation facilities for faculty, staff, visitors, and students, especially for clinical and community fieldwork.
- Coordinate daily transportation schedules based on requests and official requirements.
- Provide logistical support for Faculty and students when required.
- Ensure proper maintenance and readiness of all institutional vehicles.
- Assist in providing travel and accommodation services for AKU operations when required.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in administrative functions, in a reputable organization
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Possess IT skills in MS Office, database, Excel, Power Point and use of Internet, Email
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Problem solving and decision-making ability.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements of this position, please send your application package which should include an application letter, an updated CV to email@example.com not later than 1st October 2023 Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
JIUNGE NA GROUP ZETU ZA WHATSAPP & TELEGRAM