WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 6 months with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Office Management/Administration, Public Administration or a related field.
- Fluent in English and Swahili Languages.
The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the WFP Dodoma Liaison Office in Administration Unit of the Tanzania Country Office. The Internship will be for an initial period of six months starting from 1 September 2023.
To deliver a number of routine admin tasks, to ensure that staff are effectively supported.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Be a first point of contact for internal queries, to facilitate the provision of efficient and effective resolution of daily issues.
2. Drafting, formatting, and proofreading various documents, preparing, and sending routine correspondence, and maintaining records and archives for proper storage and accessibility.
3. Respond to simple routine queries on a range of services on facilities and escalating where appropriate in order to provide a timely and accurate response to enquiries.
4. Provide comprehensive meeting and event support by assisting with scheduling meetings, preparing meeting rooms, arranging necessary materials, taking meeting minutes and distributing them to relevant stakeholders, and coordinating logistics for events, including venue bookings, catering arrangements, and RSVP management.
5. Promote collaboration and teamwork by working closely with team members to ensure smooth workflow, providing support and backup to admin unit, and actively contributing to a positive work environment through effective communication and cooperation.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Have no work experience or up to a maximum of 12 months’ post-graduate cumulative formal work experience (this excludes work undertaken during full-time studies).
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
1. Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
2. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and familiarity with general office equipment.
3. Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and document preparation.
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
5. Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion.
6. Proactive and resourceful, with a willingness to take initiative and learn new skills.
7. Strong interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor.
8. Flexible and adaptable, able to work well in a fast-paced environment.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation and related costs.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education.
- Only Tanzanian nationals should apply.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline of applications is 1 August 2023.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
JIUNGE NA GROUP ZETU ZA WHATSAPP & TELEGRAM