Deadline Date: 28-Jul-2023
The UEFA Foundation for Children is pleased to announce a call for projects to promote the fundamental rights of vulnerable children all over the world.
The foundation helps to promote children’s fundamental rights as recognised and expressed in international conventions relating to children, applying the principle that a child is a person in his or her own right, has rights of his or her own and is able to assert those rights.
- UEFA Foundation for Children welcomes applications from any organisation that shares the values of the UEFA Foundation for Children and proposes practical measures to help children in the following areas:
- Access to sport
- Personal development
- Disabled children
- Healthy lifestyle
- Conflict victims
- Gender equality
- Environmental protection
- Infrastructure and equipment
- Strengthening partnerships
The foundation’s support is not limited to projects in Europe.
The core aims are solidarity and development aid, rooted in respect for the ethical values that they share with the partners.
Successful projects must also meet certain criteria set out by the board of trustees.
- Projects will be assessed at two levels:
- Institutional level
- Project level
What do your activities on the ground consist of?
- In the case of all projects, regardless of the context (including crisis situations and development projects), the UEFA Foundation for Children works in support of specific partner organisations, placing children right at the heart of its strategy. Partner organisations are required to ensure that the beneficiaries of those projects (i.e. children and their families) gradually take responsibility for their own development.
- Wherever possible, the foundation makes use of existing networks within the countries in question (local aid organisations, regional or government bodies, etc.), giving financial support to those organisations in order to help them to act. Different types of partnership are established with those organisations in order to achieve the foundation’s objectives.
- Moreover, projects that are supported/financed by the foundation are subject to quality standards, which means that they are assessed and have to comply with the foundation’s Ethics Code.
Beneficiaries: The UEFA Foundation for Children seeks to help disadvantaged children – children who need help as a result of physical, mental or psychological problems, because of their social environment, or on account of a crisis situation linked to armed conflict or a natural disaster.
- There are two types of criteria at each level:
- Deal-breakers – These are compulsory criteria: if the organisation or project does not fulfil these, the project will be rejected.
- Weighted – These criteria will be used to assess the relative value of the project and enable them to rank it overall.
- The funding provided by the UEFA Foundation for Children is not predetermined, but it must be proportional to the size of the project. Co-funding is encouraged.
- Deal-Breaker Criteria
- Legal identity – The organisation must be recognised by institutional partners or have been registered for at least three years.
- Missing approved and published audits or financial reports for the last three years
- Non respect of the values and principles set out in the foundation’s ethics code
- Activities not involving a majority of children under 18
- Activities not involving at least 20% girls
- Projects primarily aimed at scouting, training or promoting young talent are excluded
- Weighted Criteria
- Level of administrative costs
- Level of co-funding
- Number of beneficiaries
- Focus on children
- Children’s age range
- Level of girls’ participation
- Gender mainstreaming
- Inclusion of sports activities
- Environmental considerations
- Account taken of the local socio-economic situation
- General project context
- Relevance of projects to needs
- Collaboration with institutional partners
- Medium and long-term sustainability of activities
- Integration of local minorities and people of all abilities.
- The UEFA Foundation for Children examines and evaluates every project submitted.
- The board of trustees takes a final decision on the selection of projects at its autumn meeting in accordance with the Statutes.
For more information, visit Call for Projects.
JIUNGE NA GROUP ZETU ZA WHATSAPP & TELEGRAM