The Procurement Intern will have the opportunity to learn and practice on organization procurement process from initial to final stages. The intern will assist in organization of procurement related documents for filing and other downstream processes. The Intern will work under the guidance of Procurement Manager.
Perform purchasing functions including:
- Sourcing for quotations and negotiating for prices, terms, delivery and after sale services with vendors.
- Assist in preparation of basis for vendor selection for approval of procurement.
- Support in raising LPOs and forwarding to vendors/suppliers.
- Follow up with vendors to ensure timely delivery of goods and services.
- Work with Jhpiego user department to determine specifications for goods and services.
- Assist, as assigned, in all steps involved in procurement process which includes distribution of quotation requests, collection of proforma invoices, delivery of Purchase Orders, collection of goods, obtaining Goods Receiving Note’s, and final submission of GRNs and receipts to Finance.
- Review completeness and accuracy of all documentation from product ordering to the actual delivery goods, confirming receipt of the right quantity.
- Work closely with the Procurement Manager and Officers to ensure timely procurement and proactively identify gaps and make suggestions for improvement.
- Ensure appropriate vendor management and coordinate timely payment to all vendors.
- Provide support in processing of VAT refund
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement & Supplies or any other related field
- Demonstrated interest to gain hands-on experience in procurement functions
- Experience in logistics/supply chain management including supply planning and public health procurement commodities management desirable.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
JIUNGE NA GROUP ZETU ZA WHATSAPP & TELEGRAM