Deadline: June 16, 2023
Calling all changemakers to apply for the IUCN Leaders Forum 2023. The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is looking for the next group of young innovators advancing the global goals for nature. IUCN Leaders Forum Changemakers brings together young leaders and innovators who are designing or implementing innovative nature conservation or biodiversity action projects in their communities.
Selected young changemakers will join leaders from around the world at the IUCN Leaders Forum in Geneva in October 2023, to advance nature-positive solutions and design concrete actions for the implementation of the Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework goals and targets at the local, national and regional levels. Young changemakers will have an exclusive opportunity to pitch their projects to influential global leaders from the private sector, government and civil society.
About the IUCN Leaders Forum
The IUCN Leaders Forum is an annual event, gathering leaders and changemakers from around the world, in-person, to discuss innovative solutions to critical global challenges, make bold commitments, build partnerships and catalyse action for impactful change in nature conservation and sustainability.
The inaugural IUCN Leaders Forum took place in Jeju Province, Republic of Korea, from 13 – 15 October 2022 and focused on Building nature-positive economies and societies. The event brought together over 500 leaders and changemakers from national and subnational governments, the private sector, international organisations, and indigenous and youth-led organisations.
The second edition of the IUCN Leaders Forum will be held in Geneva, Switzerland from 11 to 13 October 2023, and focuses on moving the Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework (GBF), adopted at the UN Biodiversity Conference (CBD COP15) in December 2022, into action. With the theme, Global goals for nature: Tracking progress, financing success, the event will enable actors from across sectors to discuss and better understand different stakeholder responsibilities and contributions to the GBF and mobilise for action. In addition, the Leaders Forum will offer a platform to discuss how to measure, monitor and report on the goals, and tackle critical questions around financing the global goals for nature.
- Delegate access to the IUCN Leaders Forum in Geneva, Switzerland from 11 to 13 October 2023.
- An exclusive opportunity to pitch your environmental action project to influential global leaders from the private sector, government and civil society.
- Hotel accommodation in Geneva from 10 – 14 October 2023.
- Return travel to Geneva, Switzerland.
- Meals and other expenses covered for the duration of stay in Geneva.
You should apply to be an IUCN Leaders Forum Changemaker if you:
- Are aged 18 – 35.
- Have a track record of leadership and innovation in the fields of nature conservation, biodiversity, climate change and / or sustainable development.
- Are currently working on an innovative project that is or will contribute to the Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework goals and targets
For more information, visit IUCN Leaders Forum.
JIUNGE NA GROUP ZETU ZA WHATSAPP & TELEGRAM