Are you a researcher from the #GlobalSouth? Are you 35 or younger? Southern Voice is organizing a pitching contest for young think tankers from the Global South, in collaboration with On Think Tanks (OTT) to promote collaboration among young researchers and policy advocates within think tanks from Africa, Asia, and Latin America & the Caribbean.
The key theme of this event is fostering collaboration among young think tankers from the Global South. It aims to bring to the forefront concrete proposals on how to enhance these types of partnerships, and provide them an effective networking platform to ensure impact.
Received applications will undergo an internal evaluation process and the top proposals will be selected for the next phase. The selected participants will be informed by the end of June 2023. The facilitators will organise a feedback session for the selected participants before the contest.
The purpose of this session will be to prepare them for the final pitching round and also to provide useful feedback on their submitted proposals. Finally, at the pitching contest, the participants will make 3-minute pitches before a group of distinguished judges in a virtual event.
The pitches should feature practical and applicable solutions to increase and improve collaboration among the young think tankers of the Global South. Three winners shall be selected from among the presented pitches and results will be announced in the SV newsletter and also via emails to the participants.
- The Winners
- The three winners will get the opportunity to showcase their ideas at the Southern Voice conference in November in Kenya. Southern Voice will fund their travel. They will also be invited to become the steering group for improving networking opportunities among early career policy professionals of the Global South to promote the ideas suggested throughout the pitching contest.
- Recognition for other shortlisted participants
- Some shortlisted participants will also get the opportunity to publish their ideas with support and guidance from the organisers.
- Young think tankers must fulfill the following criteria:
- up to 35 years old
- affiliated with research organisations, think tanks, policy wings of government/legislatures, universities/other academic institutions, policy network organisations or any such research institutions of government/non-government nature from the Global South.
For more information, visit Southern Voice.
JIUNGE NA GROUP ZETU ZA WHATSAPP & TELEGRAM