Deadline: 30 October 2022
The Global Landscapes Forum (GLFx) initiative is opening a call to support new GLFx chapters that are leading action on the ground for the sustainability of Africa’s landscapes, with seed funding of EUR 5,000. NGOs, teams, and networks of organisations working on sustainable agrifood systems, restoration, or multi-stakeholder partnerships are particularly encouraged to apply.
GLFx is a decentralised network of independently-organised chapters that gather regularly to promote sustainable activities within their landscapes. It is designed to accelerate global action towards sustainable landscapes by equipping members with the knowledge, technology, and networks to connect, share, learn, and act through a holistic approach.
- GLFx was created to improve landscapes from the ground up by harnessing the efforts of communities to promote sustainable landscapes. The initiative is powered by community action plans that aim to facilitate community mobilisation training, the implementation of local restoration actions, and knowledge exchange.
What are GLF chapters?
- GLF chapters can be:
- Teams of individuals that are obtaining NGO status
- Existing local NGOs or grassroots initiatives
- Existing networks, partnerships, or institutionalised stakeholder groups
- Whether your group is a new team, an NGO, or an initiative, the most important thing is that you are operating at the landscape level, and are mobilising – or are willing to mobilise – your community and the relevant stakeholders to promote sustainable landscape use.
- Selected chapters will receive:
- Seed funding of €5,000 to run chapter activities
- Community mobilisation training to enable coordinated restoration action
- Workshops and/or toolkits to facilitate the implementation of a community action plan
- GLFx Secretariat support in key areas (e.g. technical assistance for platform onboarding, capacity development materials, and learning opportunities)
- A connection to, and support for, GLF charter members in their region and the GLFx chapter network promotional opportunities (e.g. profiles in the Landscape News online journal, speaking engagements)
What is expected from chapters?
- If you become a chapter and receive seed funding, you will be expected to:
- Offer regular multi-stakeholder gatherings – online or in person – to mobilise your community and coordinate local projects
- Curate an online space on the GLFx platform to share your activities and opportunities, as well as to attract more members to your chapter
- Lead action-oriented projects
- Connect and collaborate regularly with the GLF, including by joining regular meetings and attending learning and knowledge-sharing events offered by the organisation
- Engage in activities that foster learning, knowledge generation and sharing, multi-stakeholder collaborations, sustainable practices, and socio-economic transformation
- The call is for groups of individuals (teams), networks, partnerships, initiatives, and organisations that:
- Please also note that:
- Demonstrated experience in mobilising actors to facilitate local action is an asset
- Groups with a strong commitment to promoting sustainable agriculture and restoration are particularly encouraged to apply
- Groups of individuals, or organisations, that have already initiated partnerships and dialogues with other stakeholders in the landscape are particularly invited to apply.
For more information, visit https://events.globallandscapesforum.org/glfx-africa-call-for-applications/