Tax Specialist at Vodacom Tanzania
Dar es Salaam
Vodacom Tanzania Plc
Vodacom Tanzania Limited is Tanzania’s leading cellular network company.
The Tax Specialist with support from Tax Managers will focus on all tax matters of the company; which shall include tax audits, tax governance, planning, advisory and regulatory compliance, assist with all accounting requirements for taxes in accordance with the relevant tax laws and conduct tax risk assessments and implement policies and procedures, process improvements and best practices in relation to taxation to ensure the company attain a high level compliance.
- Prepare and file all tax returns.
- Performing reconciliation in line with the ERCS Regulations and accurately compute the tax liabilities.
- Ensuring all the tax payments are paid on time.
- Prepare reconciliation of all tax related GLs.
- Managing all the correspondences with the relevant authorities and ensure there is a proper documentation of the same.
- Assisting on tax audit management
- Competencies, Experience and Qualification
- Minimum of  years’ experience in a tax role
- Telecommunication industry experience advantageous
- Thorough understanding of the theory of the tax function
- Strong computer literacy especially Advance Microsoft Excel skills
- Financial policies, procedures and systems
- To be up to date with the latest legislation governing the tax function
- Ability to network with other players in the market
- College or University graduate with a degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- CPA (T) or specific tax qualification e.g. Postgraduate Diploma in Taxation
- Tax Specialist at Vodacom Tanzania
- Tax Environment
- Tax Planning
- Tax Compliance and Reporting
- Tax Strategy