Internship: Procurement at UONGOZI Institute
Dar es Salaam
UONGOZI Institute was established in 2010 by the Government of Tanzania to inspire and equip Tanzanian and African leaders to deliver inclusive and sustainable solutions. This is done through the provision of high-quality executive education, facilitation of policy dialogues, action-oriented research and technical assistance for public and private institutions.
The Procurement Management Unit (PMU) is an integral part of the Institute’s operations. It is responsible for procuring items/resources to support the running of activities whilst ensuring integrity, fairness, openness and adherence to procurement policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will support the day-to-day operations of the Unit, reporting directly to the Procurement and Supplies Officer.
This role exposes fresh graduates to public procurement procedures and practices.
The Procurement Intern will:
- Assist to prepare bidding documents.
- Assist to coordinate tender opening meetings and tender board meetings.
- Compile physical procurement records.
- Update stores ledger in the procurement system.
- Assist to prepare Local Purchase Orders (LPOs).
- Record supplier contracts in the internal contracts register.
- Update records for store transactions.
- Manage records of receiving and issuing goods.
- Support stocktaking, reconciliation and auditing assignments.
- Post payment vouchers to invoice ledger.
Duration and work schedule
The selected Intern will be provided with a three-month contract with the possibility of extension if necessary. Some assignments will require travelling.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supplies or any other similar field.
- Registered with Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, both in English and Swahili.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in MS-Word, Excel and internet search tools.
- Volunteer experience is preferred, although not required.
Join our Procurement Management Unit by submitting an application via email@example.com with a subject line “Procurement Intern” by September 23, 2022, at 05:00 PM (EAT). The application should include a motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with contact details of three referees.
UONGOZI Institute is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promote a diverse workforce. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.