Japan International Award 2022 for Young Agricultural Researchers (Up to $5,000)
Deadline: February 28, 2022
Applications are open for the Japan International Award 2022 for Young Agricultural Researchers. This annual award, which began in 2007, is organized and presented by the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) of Japan and Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS).
Its purpose is to increase motivation among young researchers contributing to research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, and related industries in developing regions, which is promoted by Japan for the benefit of those countries.
Up to three young researchers will be invited to Japan to attend the awarding ceremony and accept their awards and cash gifts (US$5,000 will be given per awardee). These researchers must have shown:
- Outstanding performance in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, or related industries for a developing region, and who show great promise.
- Outstanding achievements in research and development that will lead to future technological innovation in agriculture, forestry, fisheries or related industries for a developing area, and who show great promise.
- Applicant must be engaged in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries and related industries in
developing regions, including the food industry sector and the field of environment;
- Must be under the age of 40 (as of January 1, 2022);
- Must be researchers who have the nationality of a developing country and/or territory, and belong to a non-Japanese research institute or a non-Japanese university;
- Must be able to attend the awarding ceremony in Japan, 2022.
Download the following materials:
- Application Guidelines for the 2022 Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers
- Instructions in the Preparation of Application Forms
- Form 1: Application form
- Form 2: Self-Advertisement Sheet
- Form 3: List of Research Achievements
Submit applications and inquiry by post to Secretariat of the Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers Information and Public Relations Office, Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS) 1-1, Ohwashi Tsukuba City, Ibaraki 305-8686 Japan
For more information, visit Japan Award.Tags: Japan International Award, Young Agricultural Researchers