New Job Opportunity MOSHI at Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) – Reliability Engineer
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve.
Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people.
Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits) It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the largest listed Company on the NSE in Kenya. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the second largest beer company with a market share of around 25%.
SBL was incorporated in 1988 as Associated Breweries Limited and changed its name to Serengeti Breweries Limited in 2002 and commenced commercial operations in 1996 with one brewery in Dar es Salaam. The company was acquired by EABL in October 2010 and has three breweries located in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brand portfolios include Tusker Lager, Tusker Lite, Kibo Gold, The Kick, Uhuru Peak, and Senator. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirit brands such as Johnnie Walker®, Smirnoff Vodka®, Bailey’s Irish Cream ®, Richot®, Bond 7 Whiskey® and Gilbeys Gin®.
Achievement of the overall business plans impacting on COGS by ensuring all maintenance tasks are executed with optimal costs and minimizing quality defects in the final products.
SBL operates in a competitive environment and in a vast geography. The Inflation rates remain high in Tanzania and average income per capita is less than 1 USD per day. The GDP growth is estimated at 7% and is expected to grow to 7.5% as investment, gold production, trade and tourism pick up. There is growing consumer affluence and consumerism, giving rise to greater opportunities in our product categories
Purpose of Role:
- Delivery of outstanding performance in all aspects of the balanced scorecard (Safety, Quality, Environment, Asset Care, Delivery, Productivity, Cost and Morale).
- Ensure Availability and Reliability of all Assets in the Brewery and drive improvements in Engineering/Maintenance Processes.
- Overall responsible for effective Maintenance Planning and Execution, OEM Audits, AC Audits and Maintenance Programs Development for all Assets in the Brewery.
- Maintain Health & Safety Standards as per Diageo Management Systems.
- Drive Continuous Improvement in Asset care for the Brewery through monitoring performance of existing Equipment, facilitating OEM & AC Audits.
- Maintaining CMMS system health by ensuring user competence, MMS Asset Care practices are integrated into Tier 1 operational processes, system compliance and monitoring and driving Asset care KPIs.
- Resource planning to support asset care. (spares, manpower, time) are prepared in advance to when required.
- Be expert coach role model in use of Root Cause Problem Solving and 5Whys to ensure permanent fixes are determined and delivered.
- Coach Operational reams in Asset Care practices to ensure Asset Care capability is developed.
- Take responsibility for the repair and maintenance budget to ensure prioritisation and control of spend.
- Take ownership for the development of maintenance and machine technical skills across shifts.
- Development and Conservation of Maintenance Programme by maintaining a database for all Assets, facilitating New Equipment’s Set-up with regards to Spares, SAP PMs and Maintenance Schedule.
- Manage people performance through conducting Performance Reviews, Competency Assessment, Preparing Capability Development Plans and ensuring manpower requirements are met as per diageo standards/guidelines.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- B. Eng. Graduate (Mechanical / Electrical/ Industrial Engineering)
- At least three 3 years’ experience in engineering field, same capacity and preferably in FMCG.
- Knowledge of maintenance management systems and asset care best practices
- In-depth Understanding and Application of Reliability Concepts and Maintenance Programs.
- Ability to manage people performance, coaching and development of a multi-disciplined team
- Proactive structured problem-solving skills learnt through exposure to Lean, Six Sigma, TPM or ManEx.
- Track record of maintenance management – KPI improvement, planning effectiveness and maintenance schedule adherence, CI, backlog, maintenance mix
- Project Management skills & experience
- Proficient in use of standard business (MS Office), SAP PM and Diageo packages.
Barriers to Success in Role (Optional):
- Uncertain break downs and poor machine efficiencies.
- Shift programs where the incumbent works during odd hours and during weekends and public holidays.
- Complex interplay of several departments with large workforce.
- Lack of Flexibility to Working Environment and Hours and Dedication to own Work and Responsibilities.
Worker Type : Regular
Primary Location: Moshi