STDF: Project Preparation Grants Program
The Standards and Trade Development Facility (STDF) is now accepting applications for the Project Preparation Grants (PPC) Program to prepare technically sound and sustainable projects.
These grants can involve the application of SPS-related capacity evaluation tools, preparation of feasibility studies and/or formulation of project proposals to address specific SPS capacity building needs linked to trade.
Project preparation grants (PPGs), up to a maximum of US$50,000.
What assistance can be requested under PPGs?
PPGs are intended to help overcome constraints faced by developing countries in the articulation of their SPS needs into complete project proposals that could be funded by the STDF or other donors.PPGs can be used for any of the following purposes (or a combination thereof):
- Application of SPS-related capacity evaluation and prioritization tools.
- Preparation of feasibility studies that precede project development to assess the potential impact and economic viability of proposals in terms of their expected costs and benefits; and/or
- Preparation of project proposals that can be funded by the STDF or other donors.
The following organizations are eligible to apply for STDF funding:
- Public sector entities (including regional or international bodies) with responsibility for SPS measures or policy, either in their own right or in cooperation with the private sector. The STDF encourages implementation of projects and activities through public private partnerships;
- Private sector entities, either in their own right or in cooperation with the public sector. Examples of private sector entities include legally registered farmers’ organizations, trade and industry associations, etc.;
- Non-profit non-governmental organizations (NGOs) with expertise in the SPS area and with an organization in the relevant beneficiary country or countries, in co-operation with the public and/or private sector; and
- STDF partners.
For more information, visit https://www.standardsfacility.org/fundingTags: STDF: Project Preparation Grants Program, technically sound and sustainable projects., The Standards and Trade Development Facility