The International Trans Fund (ITF) is looking for an organization to conduct a capacity building and regional networking workshop.
The organization will, in consultation with an Advisory Committee of trans activists, plan and implement the workshop.
The objective of the workshop is to increase the capacities of trans activists and their organizations to strengthen local and national human rights initiatives and build regional alliances in Africa.
- To develop and sustain a mechanism to support trans-led groups of different sizes working on a range of issues at the international, regional, country and local levels, with emphasis on smaller groups with limited resources.
- To educate the peers in the philanthropic community on trans issues and influence other funders and strategic allies in trans related commitments and strategies.
- To increase and enhance access to resources to support trans movements by increasing financial resources dedicated to trans-led organizations and groups; providing access to non-financial resources for trans organizations, such as skills building, organizational strengthening, leadership development and activist support; and improving advocacy in philanthropy to increase access to new donors.
In order to achieve the goals, the ITF seeks to:
- increase the funding available to trans-led groups, whether through the ITF or by influencing other donors;
- support to trans groups becoming increasingly sustainable, autonomous and responsive to the needs of their communities; and
- increase the representation and influence of trans activists in social justice advocacy and philanthropy.
- They expect the outputs to include:
- Organization focal person(s) participated in five planning meetings.
- Atleast one workshop conducted in Africa.
- A minimum of 30 trans activists participated in a capacity building and regional networking workshop.
- 3 – 4 sub-regional trans networks participated in a capacity building and regional networking workshop.
- They expect the outcomes to include:
- Strengthened capacities of trans activists in countries in Africa to carry out local initiatives and build their grassroots and nascent trans movements including addressing the human rights violations facing trans communities.
- Enhanced regional networking and advocacy through exchanging best practices and lessons learned with the result that trans activists are supported to promote awareness raising and the understanding of human rights particularly to the violations of trans persons.
- Trans groups empowered to respond to their rights, needs and constraints through capacity building and networking, including training and support for advocacy and strengthening human rights initiatives.
- Promoting trans rights and engaging duty bearers to protect trans rights.
- Coordinate, schedule and participate in all planning meetings for the advisory committee and the ITF including communication, logistics, the agenda and invitations.
- In consultation with the advisory committee and the ITF, provide input to capacity building strategies related to the workshop sessions including identifying key facilitators, key note speakers and resources.
- Host an in-person workshop for up to 30 trans identifying participants in and from Africa. The workshop will take place in the host organization’s country for not more than five days.
- Be responsible for all logistics related to the workshop including participant travel, food, accommodations and local transportation, safe venue, contracting facilitators, trainers and translators, workshop meals, flights, note takers etc.
- Recruit knowledgeable providers with relevant expertise and cultural competence who are based in the region of the workshop (and preferably in its host city/country).
- Demonstrated strong experience in organizing and delivering regional convenings especially for trans persons.
- Must be in proper standing with a track record of effectively managing grants and reporting skills.
- Can be an LGBTI, trans led or mainstream organization.
- Must be based in Africa with a solid history of engaging in trans organizing.
- Can be registered or unregistered, but must be able to receive funds or partner with a fiscal host to receive funds.
- Must have a good track record in reporting, managing finances and accountability.
- Must be responsive and demonstrate experience with tracking and evaluate projects in a timely manner.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3EqyiDI