The African Union Development Agency (AUDA-NEPAD) is inviting applications for the 2nd Cohort of Home Grown Solutions (HGS) Accelerator for Pandemic Resilience Initiative to accelerate the growth of African healthcare companies to strengthen the continent’s pandemic resilience.
This is achieved through offering hands-on and tailored support to growth and mature stage healthcare businesses. The African Union Development Agency (AUDA-NEPAD) founded the accelerator initiative in partnership with the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), the official development assistance agency of the Government of Japan, and with support from Boston Consulting Group (BCG), a global management consulting firm.
The initiative was successfully piloted in East Africa, where it supported its first cohort of Home Grown Solutions which consisted of Access Afya, Africa Healthcare Network, Damu Sasa, MSCAN and Revital Healthcare and built a supporting network that includes the likes of World Food Programme, Africa CDC, GIZ, Rwandan Development Board, CSIR, AAIC, Ecobank Foundation, Aga Khan Foundation, World Health Organization, UNIDO, Afreximbank and others.
AUDA-NEPAD will work shoulder-to-shoulder with your team to design and deliver a customized, six-month acceleration roadmap in 2022, to support your company’s specific growth needs across three key areas:
- Context specific advisory: They have a team of world class consultants to diagnose your business needs and deliver tailor-made business advisory services.
- Investment readiness support: They help you be better prepared for fund raising including business model validation, pitch preparation and linking you to capital needed to scale.
- Matching to strategic partners: They will leverage the network and introduce you to leading organizations to grow your business through partnership.
AUDA-NEPAD have 3 application criteria you will have to meet to be considered for the second cohort:
- You are a growth or mature stage company, meaning you must:
- Be registered as a for-profit entity
- Demonstrate clear market traction and sizable customer base
- Express ambition and potential to scale beyond your current size
- You strengthen Africa’s health system, for example:
- You manufacture medical consumables or devices on the continent
- You provide healthcare services to patients, be it diagnostic, treatment or otherwise
- You provide technology solutions to strengthen health access or delivery
- You can be described as a Home Grown Solution, meaning you must:
- Operate mainly or solely in Africa (preference for companies operating across countries)
- Employ mostly local staff in the markets in which you are active
- Have strong African representation in your leadership
For more information, visit https://www.nepad.org/news/calling-african-healthcare-businesses-apply-2nd-cohort-of-auda-nepads-home-grown