Coal Prize 2022 – Call for Projects to Win 10,000 Euros
The COAL Prize 2022 invites artists from around the world to explore these submerged universes to make them accessible to as many people as possible; to reveal what is playing out in the belly of the ocean, from its abyss twenty thousand leagues under the sea to its surface, to give to see and feel what is still unknown; and to imagine new concrete actions to rekindle resilience with the water worlds.
The COAL Prize is supported by the European Union through the ACT – Art Climate Transition network, the Ministry of Ecology, the Ministry of Culture, the Museum of Hunting and Nature, the François Sommer Foundation, the LAccolade Foundation and the National Orchestra of Brittany.
About The Prize
- Every year, ten projects are shortlisted by a committee of professionals among the projects received through the international open call. One winning project will be chosen by a jury composed of representatives of partner organizations and personalities in art and ecology.
- In addition, all applications considered by COAL and the selection committee will become part of a network of artists and projects may be solicited or promoted for opportunities and actions carried out by COAL and its partners.
- The winner of the COAL Prize will be awarded 10,000 euros and benefits from an (optional) residence run by the Museum of Hunting and Nature at the Belval Domaine, property of the François Sommer Foundation.
- Applicants will be judged on the following criteria: artistic value, relevance (understanding of the theme – OCEANS), originality (the ability to introduce new approaches, themes, and points of view), pedagogy (ability to get a message across and raise awareness ), social and participative approaches (engagement, testimony, efficiency, societal dynamics), eco-design and feasibility.
- The COAL Prize supports artistic projects in progress. Its award is not intended to cover all production costs of the project but should be considered as an aid to its development.
For more information, visit http://www.projetcoal.org/coal/en/2021/12/01/prix-coal-2022/Tags: Call for Projects