New Job Opportunity at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) – Hospital Facilities Manager
Title: HOSPITAL FACILITIES MANAGER
Duration: 12 months (Fixed Term Contract) – Full time position (100%)
Starting date: 1st of February 2022
Direct Reports: LOGISTIC TEAM LEADER in Nduta
Location: NDUTA CAMP (KIBONDO, KIGOMA REGION)
FOR NATIONAL STAFF ONLY
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
· Essential secondary education and a technical diploma or technical university diploma preferably engineer
· At least 2 years work experience in logistics related to activities, supply chain, WHS or facilities management
· Essential thorough understanding of logistics issues in developing countries (e.g. communications, energy, building maintenance) and management of a multi-skilled and diverse team
· English and Swahili (fluent, oral & written) required
Objectives of the position:
· To plan, coordinate and monitor all logistics related activities in the hospital according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures
· To provide support for the related medical activities and to ensure the optimal management of the project
Main competencies and knowledge:
· People Management and Development
· Commitment to MSF Principles
· Behavioural Flexibility
· Result and Quality Orientation
· Teamwork and Cooperation
· Computer literacy: Microsoft Office is essential
· To lead and direct all support activities in the hospital, in close collaboration with the clinical and nursing leadership, and developing, assessing and implementing the logistics strategy, policies, tools and procedures specifically in the areas of Biomedical, Mechanical, Construction, Energy, Transport, Hospital Supply Applied Security and EPREP. To assist the Logistics team leader in defining the yearly planning, budget and the hospital activities in order to identify and respond to the needs of the population. When required, to bid and manage the hospital improvements, maintenance and construction budget and directing construction requirements in collaboration with Construction Log (if available).
· Be responsible for the implementation and ensuring the proper functioning of the hospital facilities and structures whether linked to development, installation, maintenance and improvement (e.g. structure, energy, WHS, medical and non-medical materials, communication, cold chain, biomedical equipment, portering and transfer systems, laundry system, etc.) in accordance with MSF standards and development protocols.
· To ensure that hospital occupational health and safety systems are in place, maintained and updated when needed (e.g. fire safety including emergency planning, hospital access and security).
· Be responsible for hospital hygiene through good management of cleaning teams, engagement with the nursing director and regular audit. Be responsible for safe and efficient waste management and managing hospital WHS in partnership with the responsible WHS specialist and together delivering a comprehensive hospital vector control mechanism.
· To support the project and hospital logistician in the implementation of the Hospital Logistics Tool Kit (HLT) and provide training for its efficient implementation. To ensure that all staff in the project are informed of the proper use of the hospital’s infrastructure, equipment and communication tools.
· To ensure that the installation and maintenance of the functional spaces of medical offices are in adequate conditions and that the HR structures are in place to support the management of medical facilities.
· To plan and supervise in collaboration with the Hospital/Project Coordination Team, the HR processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation and internal, external communication) of the logistics personnel of the project in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activity. To provide technical reference to all logistical/technical problems and providing guidance to the logistics staff under his/her responsibility. When applicable, supervising the LOG (Biomed, Mechanic and Electrician) and WHS specialist teams.
· In coordination with the Logistics team leader, to review the current hospital logistical management strategies, tools and procedures and recommend possible amendments or revisions in order to achieve effectiveness and efficiency of the hospital support structures
· To Define and monitor the technical aspects of the reduction of political risk of the project, transportation, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of security policy and guidelines, evacuation plans and contingency, to monitor daily the application of safety rules and report to the Logistics Team Leader and/or Project Coordinator any problem that may arise.
· To participate in the writing of the monthly reports according to guidelines
All interested applicants should submit cover letter, CV, supporting documents (copies of diplomas) and phone number to: HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER, Hamza Aziz Street, Kahama Court, P.O.BOX 4493, Masaki, Dar es Salaam.
or send through MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org
Please make sure the subject of your email will be: HOSPITAL FACILITIES MANAGER – APPLICATION
Deadline for the submission of applications is at 4PM on 31/12/2021
Only applications in English will be considered
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted