Digital Media & Sponsorship Manager at Tanzanian Children’s Fund
Digital Media & Sponsorship Coordinator – Starting in January 2021
Our ideal candidate is creative, passionate, and a driven storyteller. He/she will manage our digital media and also serve as the primary contact for sponsors of children and students, with an aim towards retaining current sponsors and generating new ones. As a member of RVCV’s senior staff, the Digital Media & Sponsorship Coordinator will work closely with the US office, responding to the needs of the US Managing Director. His/her responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Capture photos and videos that highlight our mission and programs, producing bold and cutting-edge multimedia material
Regularly share photos with sponsors, donors and US office
· Create media-based projects such as yearbooks and calendars
· Generate story ideas for monthly blogs, e-newsletters, and other external communications initiatives in collaboration with U.S. Managing Director
Social Media Management:
· Manage, create, and post social media content (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
· Assist in building social media campaigns that align with development objectives
· Maintain an organized and searchable photo database of children, staff, volunteers and programs
· Correspond with sponsors throughout the year, being attentive to their needs and responsive to inquiries
· Maintain our sponsorship database, ensuring Excel records are synchronized and reflective of recent donor logs·
Manage incoming sponsor gifts and assist children with letters, pictures, and holiday cards for sponsors
Create and send bi-annual renewal letters to sponsors
· Create and maintain biographies for sponsored children and scholarship students
· Assist in hosting visitors and providing tours of the Children’s Village
· Build and maintain partnerships with select third parties
Collaboration and Reporting:
· Report on program developments, highlights, and milestones, including assisting US office in data collection
· Interview and engage with teachers, students, and donors to develop and produce captivating stories
· Manage RVCF alumni network, including following and connecting program graduates, clients, and students
· Collaborate with the Volunteer Coordinator to communicate how volunteers can stay connected to RVCV after they depart
Collaborate closely with department heads to stay up to date on program initiatives and potential story ideas
· Manage kids’ electronics use and assist with office technology maintenance
· Creative: You make things look good. You’re a pro at finding good lighting and great angles; photo editing comes naturally; and you may even have some graphic design experience.
· A Self-Starter: You have the independence to seek out stories and take initiative.
· A People Person: You are comfortable welcoming new faces, sending enthusiastic emails, and asking new friends if you can take their picture.
· Savvy on Social Media: You have experience managing social accounts and are updated on the latest trends and best practices.
· Detail Oriented & Deadline Driven: You know how to keep projects on track in order to reach targets and deadlines.
· Adventurous: You’re willing to put yourself out there. Whether it’s moving to rural East Africa or asking a stranger about their story, you aren’t afraid of the uncomfortable.
· Easy-going: Sometimes, things don’t go as planned. You have the patience & good humor to go with the flow.
· Inspiring: You are able to create engaging and smile-worthy content that successfully conveys our mission.
· Educated: You have earned a Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent level of education.
· $650 USD stipend per month and a $2,000 USD travel allowance per year of employment
· Health Insurance provided for term of service
· Private apartment, all meals, internet, local phone, transportation to Karatu, and housekeeping support included
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, portfolio, and the URL of a social media account you have managed if applicable.