New Multiple Positions Job Vacancies at The Mwanza Intervention Trials Unit (MITU) – Various Posts
The Mwanza Intervention Trials Unit (MITU) based at the National Institute for Medical Research campus in Mwanza, Tanzania is a collaborative research unit of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and the National Institute for Medical Research. The mission of the Mwanza Intervention Trials Unit is to contribute to improving health through the development and evaluation of interventions against HIV and other health problems by conducting research, including clinical trials, to the highest international standards; to enhance the capacity to carry out such research in Tanzania and the East African region; and to contribute to the translation of research findings into health policy. MITU is currently collaborating with other international research partners to implement a trial evaluating a single-dose of the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine in males to reduce population prevalence of HPV.
A large- scale community-based survey will be conducted as part of this trial, and the Unit is now inviting applications from highly motivated and suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
Survey Team Leader (multiple positions available)
Position : Survey Team Leader (multiple positions available)
- Overseeing and supporting a small team of approximately 4-6 individuals as part of a large community-based survey.
- Providing study information to community members, including potential participants.
- Informing and liaising with local government and community leaders about the study
- Candidate should have relevant clinical training.
- Evidence of being clinically active within the past 3 years.
- Experience in leading field teams in field research studies.
Field Coordinator (1 position available)
Position : Field Coordinator (1 position available)
- Overseeing and supporting teams and team leaders conducting a large community-based survey.
- Providing overall clinical support to the survey teams, including advising and supporting clinical officers and nurses as required.
- Working closely with local government and community leaders in the study areas.
- Candidate must be a fully-registered medical doctor, with a medical degree from a recognised university.
- Clinically active within the past 3 years with evidence of current registration to practice medicine in Tanzania.
- At least 3 years of medical research experience.
Mode of application:
Interested applicants should submit a letter of application together with their CV and copies of all relevant certificates, memberships and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 23 December 2021.
The applicants should clearly state the job title for which they are applying in the subject line of the email.
Paper applications will not be accepted.
Successful applicants for all positions must be willing to be based in Mwanza for work activities and be willing to travel extensively in the Lake Zone Regions
Interviews will be held at the earliest available opportunity and only shortlisted candidates will be notified by email if selected for interview.
MITU is an equal opportunities organization, female applicants and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.