Kubota Fund: Accepting Applications for 2022-23 Grant Program
The Kubota Fund has announced the 2022-23 Grant Program for research analysts, trainees and students from developing countries who join in academic or training program(s) provided by research/educational institutes or private enterprises located in Japan.
The Kubota Fund is based upon Mr. Kubota’s conviction that:
- economic development and social stability of developing countries are ultimately produced by domestic engineers’ self-esteem and self-reliance, and
- well-organized training programs are crucial to foster good engineers.
The aim of the Fund was to foster the growth of industrial technologies of less developed countries by financially assisting their potential leaders in various fields to get necessary education and training. The Fund has, since its establishment, helped many trainees and researchers from developing countries all over the world.
Training or research on technologies for developing countries (especially civil engineering, electricity, machinery, agriculture, environment, energy, development economy) at companies or organizations in Japan who came to Japan from developing countries. grant of benefits to a person who performs other, the activities necessary to achieve the purpose of the fund.
- To provide financial aid to students/trainees/researchers who come from developing countries for pursuing academic degree, training or research at educational/research institutes or business enterprises in Japan (prioritized fields: civil engineering, electrical/electronic engineering, mechanical engineering, agronomic/agricultural engineering, energy engineering, environmental science, and development economics) at business firms or other organizations in Japan.
- Other activities necessary to accomplish missions of the Fund.
From Yen 80,000.- to Yen100,000.- per month.
- Applicant must be a national of developing country, or born & raised in a developing region, whose annual GDP per capita is less than US$7,000.
- Applicant should be officially registered to a research/educational institute or business enterprise located in Japan.
- Applicant must be (or will have to be) pursuing academic degree(s)/conducting research project(s) on a specific engineering development theme (preferably civil, electrical, mechanical, agricultural engineering, environment, energy or development economics).
- Applicant should be recommended by a permanent/professional staff, who holds capability/position to evaluate ability, achievements and potentiality of the applicant adequately, of the organization to which the applicant belong, such as his/her academic or managerial supervisor(s).
For more information, visit https://www.kubota-fund.org/Tags: Kubota Fund