Climate Tracker Local Sustainability Solutions Reporting Fellowship 2022 (Paid)
Deadline: January 7, 2022
Applications are accepted for the Climate Tracker Local Sustainability Solutions Reporting Fellowship 2022. Be one of the amazing and determined young writers to join Climate Trackers’s PAID media fellowship, covering sustainability challenges and opportunities in your country/region.
To gain deeper insight into sustainability and what it means around the world, Climate Tracker partnered with One Earth, to bring you this awesome opportunity to be part of a 6-month paid media mentorship-fellowship combo! They are on the lookout for a group of globally diverse solutions reporting fellows to write stories unearthing the most amazing projects/initiatives with a climate solutions background.
Do you know about a community project focused on nature-based solutions? Are you interested in regenerative agriculture, biodiversity conservation, and energy transition? Perhaps you are aware of projects led by indigenous peoples or women groups.
- As a selected Fellow, you’ll be writing and publishing powerful sustainability stories focused on local solutions in your country/region. They will work alongside you, coaching and mentoring you, as you produce stories that will tell the world about untold local successes.
- This a great opportunity to build your network around the world and engage with other solution reporters beyond your country/region
- It is a fantastic chance to gain hands-on experience in reporting on climate change and sustainability issues and publishing on both Climate Tracker and One Earth websites.
You will also get:
- 1-1 mentorship with experienced environment and solution reporters
- $165 USD per month stipend during the duration of the fellowship
- Expand your publishing profile
- Get your story’s projects in front of the potential funders. Selected stories will be added to One Earth’s Project Marketplace platform, where it may receive international funding support
This opportunity is not specific to any one country or region. It is open to all young solution reporters between the age group 18-35.
Ideal candidates will have:
- 1 year of journalism/professional writing experience min
- A hunger to improve as a solution reporter – this is a learning experience
- Can be from an NGO background and looking to learn more about reporting and communication
- A history of writing and working around communications
- A clear understanding of quality grassroots initiatives in their country and region, as well as some of the pitfalls of grassroots projects (that we want to avoid)
- Ability to take good quality photos
- Working understanding and knowledge of the English language
For more information, visit Climate Tracker.Tags: Climate Tracker Local Sustainability Solutions Reporting Fellowship