2nd Round Open for ONSIDE Gaming Fund
Deadline: 17 December 2021
Applications are now open for the 2nd round of ONSIDE Gaming Fund to support girl/women/non-binary people-led initiatives that promote and advocate for gender justice in esports and gaming.
The ONSIDE Fund is part of the broader ONSIDE Initiative which envisions a world where all girls, women and non-binary people exercise their right to play.
This includes activities related but not limited to game development, playing and organizing, competing in tournaments, educating, advocating, raising awareness, among others.
The ONSIDE Gaming Fund will provide unrestricted funds to organisations and groups working to support girls and women in advancing gender justice in gaming and esports. Organisations and groups are free to decide how to best use the funds in line with the vision, mission and objectives of the ONSIDE Gaming Fund.
The ONSIDE Fund will not fund organisations that provide material support or resources to any individual or entity that commits, attempts to commit, advocates, facilitates, or participates in activities such as gambling, trafficking, money laundering, political campaigns, religious activities, terrorist acts, purchasing of weapons or drugs.
- Within the application form, you will be asked to select one of four funding amounts: (1) $2,500 (2) $5,000 (3) $7,500 or (4) $10,000. They advise all applicants to be intentional about the amount of funding they request from the ONSIDE Fund.
- The maximum amount of funding available for organisations and groups is up to $10,000 (USD), and for individuals is $5,000 (USD).
The ONSIDE Gaming Fund is designed to support individuals and grassroots organizations, collectives, groups, and cooperatives led by girls, women, and non-binary individuals, benefitting girls, women, and non-binary individuals.
- Groups and organizations:
- Can either be registered or unregistered
- Must have an annual operating budget of less than USD 150,000 for the past two fiscal years
- Must be led at least 60% by women/girl/non-binary individuals
- At least one leader must be over the age of 18
- Must identify as a girl, woman, or non-binary
- Must be over the age of 18.
For more information, visit https://www.onsidefund.org/Tags: gender justice, ONSIDE Gaming Fund