Call for Proposals: Participate in the Intergenerational Dialogue
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization is inviting applications to strengthen the Pan-African Movement for a Culture of Peace and Non-Violence, each of the selected young people will be encouraged (together with their organisation) to become part of it.
Each of the selected candidates is therefore expected to be, in his/her locality and country, a committed actor in the mobilisation of his/her peers in favour of the Pan-African Movement for a Culture of Peace and Non-Violence, before, during and after this second edition of the Biennale.
- The contribution of arts, culture and heritage to sustainable peace
- Supporting African artists, cultural and creative industries for an inclusive and sustainable economic recovery;
- Preventing Conflict, Reducing Risk and Building Peace through African Intangible Cultural Heritage Intangible Cultural Heritage;
- Reintegrate history, arts and cultural values into education to promote a new narrative for Africa;
- Protect and promote African cultural and natural heritage.
- Youth engagement as actors of social transformation for conflict prevention and sustainable development
- Promote and encourage youth civic engagement: peace education, global citizenship and sustainable development;
- Youth employability, entrepreneurship and economic empowerment, including cultural/creative industries and green/blue economies;
- Introduction to youth foresight and social innovation for sustainable development and social cohesion;
- Youth and the role of sport for social cohesion and peace.
- Africa in the face of conflict, crisis and inequality
- African Women, Peace and Security;
- Social inequalities, xenophobia, stigmatization and discrimination;
- Science, Technology and Innovation for Peacebuilding;
- African descendants, diasporas and the future of peace in Africa.
- Harnessing the potential of the oceans for sustainable development and peace
- Oceans of peace and opportunity: resources, demographic dividend, gender, blue economy, scientific and diplomatic cooperation, South-South cooperation;
- New experiences in sustainable development: coastal tourism and underwater heritage, waste management;
- The ocean, small island developing states (SIDS) and the challenges of adaptation to sustainable development.
- Be between 18-35 years old;
- Be an experienced community leader (at least 2 years);
- Be, in the name of his/her organisation and as part of his/her civic commitment, the bearer of one or two projects or good practices likely to be shared (related to the theme of the dialogue and the theme of one of the fifteen sub-themes of the four Thematic Forums);
- Be familiar with the main social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok) and have proven experience in implementing online youth engagement campaigns;
- Have a good command of one of the working languages of the Biennial (English, French or Portuguese);
- Have a valid passport.
For more information, visit https://en.unesco.org/news/call-applications-participate-intergenerational-dialogue-leaders-and-young-people-biennale?fbclid=IwAR2Lqmu4bXdGZnEr5LWYp0ED-2Hql8-z4yqiCacislpEde9kKd2Ci2CFYwgTags: others