THPS, is implementing a five (5) years AFYA HATUA (Sustain Treatment, Enrolment and HIV Prevention- STEP) project funded by CDC/PEPFAR. Through AFYA HATUA, THPS delivers client centered, comprehensive facility and community-based HIV prevention, care, and treatment services for general, key and vulnerable populations in Pwani, Kigoma and Shinyanga regions, and contributes to the country’s epidemic control. Based on the Government of Tanzania’s (GoT) National Multisectoral Strategic Framework (NMSF) IV, Health Sector HIV Strategic Plan (HSHSP) IV, and PEPFAR COP21 priorities, AFYA HATUA extends best practices and lessons learned from THPS’s 10+ years of implementing HIV programs in Tanzania. THPS is partnering with all LGAs in the 3 regions, faith-based health facilities, and community-based, key population (KP)-led organizations to achieve the project goals.
THPS therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below.
Position title: Sub Grants Officer
Reports to: Snr Sub Grants Manager
Location: Shinyanga with 50 % field travel
Purpose and Scope of Job: To focus on all issues related to sub awardees efficient management of THPS funds and to monitor the financial and administrative systems for proper utilization of such funds. S/He will work with Kigoma sub grantees and other THPS sub grantees in building their capacity towards compliance and efficiency in managing donor funds including timely reporting. Under the leadership of the Senior Subs Grants Manager S/he will facilitate and coordinate the subs budgeting process and provide ongoing feedback to the THPS on the implementation of the subs work plans and Budgets including compliance to all set rules and regulations of the grants
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in assessing the financial and administrative requirement for the sub awardees.
- Adapt administrative and financial policies and procedures for the sub awardees which includes; manuals, user guides and templates to be compliant with donor and THPS requirements
- Provide training and technical support to sub awardees staff to improve administrative and financial systems by using THPS management tools and general management of fund procedures.
- Be a technical lead in regional subs Annual Planning and Budgeting and work closely with District Managers and Regional managers to ensure close follow up of the program activities.
- Ensure thoroughly review of the subs expenditure reports to ensure certified reports are free from errors, fraud and comply with THPS, USG regulations or specific donor requirements.
- Ensure consistent application of THPS financial and administrative policies/standards, as well as donor, and THPS rules and regulations
- Act as resource person for tracking and monitoring systems, reporting policies and procedures to sub awardees.
- Monitor project staff Regional Payrolls and confirm the same to THPS HQ by working closely with CHMTs and HF in charges and THPS District Managers to report staff availability at sites before payrolls.
- Ensure that sub awardees provide their reports accurately, completely and on time as per specified deadlines in their sub agreements.
- Monitoring of sub awardees invoices and advances to and from THPS
- Monitor the need for internal and external audits of sub awardees, and manage the audit including all the audit findings as needed
- Coordinate with THPS finance staff and field finance managers to correct sub awardees bank account errors and improve payment systems.
- Train new sub awardees staff on matters related with financial management and perform project financial review
- Assist in provision of procedures for sub awardees closing by making sure that all steps and regulations are followed properly
- Work closely with program team to ensure close follow up of the program including planning, monitoring and filling of both the technical and financial reports.
- Supervise and train the Sub Award Finance Staff in CDC rules and regulations and the Financial Reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance or equivalent related field Minimum of five years relevant experiences in management, at least five years of experience in an NGO environment. Master Degrees and CPA will be added advantage.
- Relevant experience in grants management and financial/operational systems preferred.
- Substantial experience implementing USG-supported projects and knowledge of USG regulations and procedures strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise with USAID cost principles especially on Cost Share, reporting requirements, financial regulations and management systems.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a portfolio of more than 10 subgrantees on public health projects with over US $ 750k budget per year in Tanzania, with emphasis on HIV/AIDS.
- Excellent organizational, multitasking, coordination, communication and interpersonal relationship skills required.
- Experience working with and providing technical assistance and training to NGOs, FBOs, CSOs and Local Government Organization (LGAs) as sub grantees, using different awards mechanisms preferred.
- Experience in managing Extensive sub grantees audits both internal, statutory and audit of non-US NGOs.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Excellent facilitation, oral and written communications skills both in English and Kiswahili.
- Computer literacy and very good knowledge of Excel, Ms-Word; experience in QuickBooks accounting package is advantageous.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili (written and spoken).
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to email@example.com by September 18, 2022 with a subject line of ‘Position’ Sub Grants Officer ’’. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply